A few days ago, I was awarded the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award by Kelly Hashway and since it’s a play-it-forward kind of award, I decided to go for it, and mention 6 blogs (Plus 2 bonus ones!!) that I really enjoy. Since it’s no longer Valentine’s Day, I’m taking the liberty to rename the award the On Target Award. Here's how it goes, should you choose to pay it forward:
1. Thank and link back to the person that gave this award.
2. Share 4 guilty pleasures that you have.
3. Pass the award along to 6 other On Target blogs.
1. Reading trash rags like People and the NY Post, and watching trash TV like Housewives of Beverly Hills
2. Banana Powerbars, coffee ice-cream and basically anything involving cocoa beans
3. Staying up more than half the night
4. Traveling to vaguely dangerous places like Moscow, Camden, inner city Detroit and, on my wishlist: Afghanistan
On Target Blogs
(It was sooo hard to boil down the many blogs I follow. I couldn't list any used in other award lists):
2. Tracey Neithercott’s Words on Paper: Her posts are always thoughtful & lyrical. Read her posts.
3. Sarah Ahier’s Falen Formulates Fiction: Perfect if you’re itching for a fix of amazing humor & lots of whacked out animal pictures: Take a look.
4. Susan Dennard’s Susan Dennard: Her banner alone is outstanding. But seriously, folks, she’s always discussing timely matters, such as Steampunk in lit. Check it out here.
5.Teacher Kathy Martin’s blog, Ms. Martin Teaches Media, because everyone should follow a teacher who’s such a committed book blogger. Wow.
6. Livia Blackburne’s, A Brain Scientist’s Take on Writing. I mean, what could be cooler than that? Livia has a unique view of books, writing, and the world. Read on.
7. BONUS BLOG: Ezmirelda’s Dreamz of a YA Writer. A teen, passionate about books, music and blogging. And she’s already written 5 novels in high school! Visit her.
8. OMG, I forgot one! Here's a bonus, bonus blog: David McGrievey’s An Illustrated Life. For any of you out there who are author-illustrators. David’s illustrations are some of the most elegant around. Yes.