Catherine Stine's IDEA CITY

Welcome Visitors

Monday, January 7, 2013

Rebel Writers' Creed-Take the Pledge!

SA Larsen over at her blog Writers' Ally is a constant source of wisdom and inspiration. Today, she's written her first official post of the new year. BTW, Happy New Year, all! 
She wrote a post about the Rebel Writers' Creed 2013 Pledge.
What's that? It's a series of promises below, about writing and living.
Want to take the pledge? Click here to add your name and grab the banner for your blog. In addition to Sheri's list, I have a few of my own that are important to me:

Cultivate and fully use my imagination.
Always write with my heart and soul engaged.
Write the specific stories I was born to write.
Connect with my readers and fellow writers.
Jump in, no excuses, no hesitation!

What pledge(s) are you making to yourself this year?



25 comments:

  1. Signed up! Thanks for the info! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big goal for me this year is to take at least one writing class. I've already registered for one that starts in feb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah good luck with that-classes are always helpful. Glad you all signed on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh, Catherine!! You are so awesome. Thank you for sharing and spreading the word. Hopefully, we can all check in with each other from time to time. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pledged, and added in one of yours, about writing what I was specifically born to write. Thanks for pointing it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, thanks, Tony and yes, SA, let's do check in with each other every so often. You too, Charmaine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'Write the specific stories I was born to write.'

    Zo-o-o-o-ongggggg.

    (That was the tuning fork in my chest. Resonating.)

    Happy New Year, Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely down with your third and fourth additional pledges. I strive to make writing a regular part of my days in 2013. It's been difficult making myself reconnect with that creativity in myself, but I love it so much, I have to convince myself that writing is the best medicine for what ails me. :-)
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooo, this sounds great, I'm definitely signing up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I joined too. =) For me...keep working on craft and keep writing, always moving forward. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great, Liz! Looking forward to reading your new book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got the pledge up on my blog. As to my pledges for 2013, "be very careful about signing a contract with a publisher again!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful idea. I signed up as well. :) oh, Lee is right about her pledge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great pledge! Love it!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete