Catherine Stine's IDEA CITY

Welcome Visitors

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Tag Party, Plus Awards, People's Brains Picked


Blind Man's Bluff by Racey Helps
Tag Party, I’m IT. See who's IT next!
I’ve been tagged by Katrina Delallo over at The Worldcrafter's Inkspot and Kelly Hashway. This one’s really fun.

The Tag rules
You must post the rules.
Answer the questions and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
Tag 11 people and link to them.
Let them know you’ve tagged them.

Katrina’s questions for me:
If you could be a book character, who would it be?
I'd be Pippi Longstocking. She had mad fun!
Superpower?
I want wings, a killer outfit and psychic abilities.
Do you prefer illustrated or non-illustrated novels?
Illustrated! I'm so happy that YA is trending that way.
Fantasy or science fiction?
I like soft sci-fi (non-gadget & tech-heavy), and psychological sci-fi
Can you write in a noisy environment, or does it have to be quiet?
To write, it has to be quiet. When I draw, I need music.
How many books can you read in a day?
In a day? Are you kidding? Maybe half, if I'm hooked on it.
Favorite author?
One? How can I pare it down?! Cherie Priest maybe. Orwell.
Favorite Illustrators?
Gustave Dore, Jay Montgomery, Racey Helps (image above).
Middle grade or YA novels?
I read more YA than MG, but I've read some really cool MGs.
Who is the one person in the world (dead or alive you’d want to meet?
Anton Chekhov
One place in the world you wish you could go?
Istanbul

Okay, now I tag YOU, you're IT!!! While I'm at it, I also award you Versatile Blog Awards, as C. Lee McKenzie over at Write Game did to me. These are all fascinating writers and bloggers, many of whom I am newly following, and who deserve a look!
Charity Bradford at Charity's Writing Journey
Monkey at 1,000th Monkey
Kelda on Kelda Critch
David Powers King at The Cosmic Laire
Emily at Emily White
Frankie at Frankie Diane Mills
Lenny at Lenny's World
Sarah Ahiers at Falen Formulates Fiction
Matt Hayes at Matt's Writing Lair
Jess at Jessica K. McKendry

My questions for the TAG Players I Chose:

1. What was your favorite novel you read in 2011?
2. Your favorite all-time book? (Can be any genre or age level)
3. What book character would you like to party with?
4. Do you ever watch TV to study plot format? If so, which show?
5. Where was the strangest source you ever got a plot idea from?
6. Funniest character in a novel? Why?
7. Which actor/actress would you want to play the lead in your novel?
8. Most sympathetic fictional villain?
9. Do you prefer fantasy, sci-fi, realistic fiction or a blend. Why?
10. What place and time would most inspire you to write an historical fiction?
11. Finish this YA dialog line: “I’ve never told a friend this before, but…”

Have fun with these, and pick up this badge too.





11 comments:

  1. I want wings and a good outfit too! :) Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I have answered your questions and passed it along:

    http://1000thmonkey.blogspot.com/2012/02/ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you chose three superpowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monkey, you are one speedy primate!!!
    And, yes, flight and psychic abilities seem intertwined. (At least in my mind) Did anyone see the news report about that guy who sold an old comic book collection for 3 million dollars???!! My brother and I had an entire filing cabinet full of those, and I freaking threw them away. YAAHHH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What can I say, having opposable thumbs is one of the perks of being a primate ;)

    Well, that and I normally don't post on weekends, so I had lots of free time. Great questions! I had a lot of fun answering them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww thanks! I'll have to get to these later, since i've got over a week of already scheduled posts. Yes, i appear to be on the ball. No, i don't know how it happened

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, Monkey, I'm heading over to your blog to read your answers. Sarah, yeah, don't worry, I had to put my own post off for about two weeks, as I'm in the middle of my virtual book tour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your superpower wish. I like cool outfits too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very interesting and a great way to engage others and learn new things.

    ReplyDelete